It may well end after your schedule bedtime, but tonight’s Nuggets vs Lakers matchup is worth staying up for. Two of the leading NBA MVP candidates meet in a rematch of last season’s Western Conference finals.
The Nuggets have been one of the NBA’s hottest teams as of late, and they are aiming for a top-four seed in the West. The Lakers, meanwhile, are in a three-way tussle with the Clippers and Utah Jazz atop the standings.
Tonight’s NBA odds favor the Lakers, but will the Nuggets continue their recent run with a huge win over the champs?
Denver Nuggets vs Los Angeles Lakers Betting Odds and Information
- Matchup: Denver Nuggets (12-8, 7-3 away, 4th in the Western Conference) vs Los Angeles Lakers (16-6, 4-4 home, 3rd in the Western Conference)
- Date: Thursday, February 4
- Time: 10:00 pm ET/8:00 pm MT/7:00 pm PT
- Location: Los Angeles, California (Staples Center)
- TV: TNT
- Spread: Nuggets +5 (-110), Lakers -5 (-112)
- Total: OVER 216.5 (-110), UNDER 216.5 (-110)
- Moneyline: Nuggets +176, Lakers -210
Odds via Fanduel as of Thursday, February 4 at 1:25 pm ET
Denver Nuggets Betting Preview
The Nuggets will play their first February game tonight, as Monday’s matchup with the Detroit Pistons was postponed.
January was a solid month for the Nuggets, who were 1-4 after a New Year’s Day loss to the Phoenix Suns. Since then, Denver has won 12 of 16, including six of the last seven. The most impressive win came Sunday against the Utah Jazz. The Nuggets dominated from start to finish, ending Utah’s 11-game winning streak in convincing fashion with a 128-117 win.
What does Nikola Jokic have in store for February? He torched the Jazz for 47 points and 12 rebounds, including 22 in the first quarter. Jokic averaged 27.3 ppg, 11.8 rpg, and 7.3 apg in January, and he is now +440 to be MVP.
Los Angeles Lakers Betting Preview
The Lakers had a little blip last week, but they bounced back with wins over the Celtics and Hawks to wrap up a 5-2 road trip.
They are now home for their first game at the Staples Center since January 18, which was a 115-113 loss to the Golden State Warriors. LeBron James is now the MVP favorite at +350 after a stellar January. But it is Anthony Davis who has led the way offensively in the last couple of games. Davis recorded 27 points and 14 rebounds against the Celtics, and he followed that with 25 points in Atlanta.
Denver Nuggets vs Los Angeles Lakers Betting Stats and Trends
Denver Nuggets Stats and Results
- PPG: 116.6 (3rd in the NBA)
- FG: 48.3 percent (3rd)
- 3PT: 38.4 percent (5th)
- PPG: 111.7 (16th)
- FG: 47.2 percent (22nd)
- 3PT: 37.5 percent (21st)
Denver Nuggets Recent Results
- 1/31/21: Denver Nuggets 128-117 Utah Jazz
- 1/29/21: San Antonio 119-109 Denver Nuggets
- 1/27/21: Miami Heat 82-109 Denver Nuggets
- 1/25/21: Dallas Mavericks 113-117 Denver Nuggets
- 1/23/21: Phoenix Suns 112-120 Denver Nuggets (2OT)
Los Angeles Lakers Stats and Results
- PPG: 111.8 (15th)
- FG: 48.0 percent (6th)
- 3PT: 38.1 percent (6th)
- PPG: 104.0 (1st)
- FG: 45.2 percent (9th)
- 3PT: 34.3 percent (3rd)
Los Angeles Lakers Recent Results
- 2/1/21: Atlanta Hawks 99-107 Los Angeles Lakers
- 1/30/21: Boston Celtics 95-96 Los Angeles Lakers
- 1/28/21: Detroit Pistons 107-92 Los Angeles Lakers
- 1/27/21: Philadelphia 76ers 107-106 Los Angeles Lakers
- 1/25/21: Cleveland Cavaliers 108-115 Los Angeles Lakers
Nuggets vs Lakers Top Betting Trend
- The OVER is 15-5 in Nuggets games this season.
Denver Nuggets vs Los Angeles Lakers Betting Advice
The Nuggets come into tonight’s game in good form, so they won’t be overawed by the Lakers. That said, the Lakers will be glad to be back in the friendly confines after two weeks away, and they will take care of business tonight. Back the hosts to cover and the over.
Nuggets vs Lakers Best Bets
- OVER 216.5
- Los Angeles Lakers -5